Located in Lelystad, 60 km east of Amsterdam, the 155,000 m2 logistics centre will be built over the coming years. Logistics Center West (LCW) as the building is known, is being built by the fashion company BESTSELLER, and it was designed by the architecture firm Henning Larsen.
When completed in 2026, it is expected to be the largest logistics centre built using mass timber in Europe.
In addition to the striking mass timber construction, the building will also be equipped with 23,000 square meters of solar panels.
Aesthetics and excellence
An important part of the design process was creating a workplace that is both visually appealing and healthy for the almost 600 colleagues who are expected to be work at the centre.
The team from Henning Larsen has, among other things, prioritised daylight and green areas as well as harmonising indoor and outdoor elements to promote employee well-being.
More than half of the total site is dedicated to its landscape. The majority of the area will thus be dedicated to wetlands and forest to protect biodiversity and help absorb CO2.
In order to preserve and protect the area's animal and plant life, the construction will be surrounded by a constructed wetland, which will contribute to promoting microhabitats for native species. The centre will also have an optimised rainwater system that, among other things, protects against flooding and recycles rainwater from the roof.
- The logistics centre which will employ 600 highly skilled people, will be critical for expanding the company’s supply chain and supporting its growth. Bringing BESTSELLER closer to the biggest wholesale customers and largest retail markets in Europe.
- Comprises of offices, warehouses and a roof terrace with restaurant and garden.
- The building was designed and engineered by Rambøll and Henning Larsen.
- The mass timber used in the building will be sourced from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) approved suppliers.
- BESTSELLER expects the centre to be operational in 2026.
- The building is designed to be BREEAM-certified at the highest level 'Outstanding'. BREEAM – is one of the leading international building certifications in sustainable construction.