BESTSELLER industry experts and talents joins global innovation lab in Rwanda
Since the inception of the global innovation lab in 2017, BESTSELLER has been a consistent supporter of bringing together talents from all over the world to co-create solutions for the challenges our planet is facing. This year will be no exception.
With a long-standing commitment to UNLEASH’s mission, BESTSELLER is excited to support this year’s UNLEASH Innovation Lab in Kigali, Rwanda through BESTSELLER Foundation.
UNLEASH is a talent conference that brings together 1,000 individuals from around the world to tackle the world’s most pressing problems. This year, BESTSELLER Foundation has been instrumental in bringing UNLEASH to the African continent.
”UNLEASH is about igniting innovation among the young and helping the future design for the future. This year, it is happening on the ‘youngest’ continent in the world that is likely to be most impacted by climate change. We can’t wait to see the solutions these changemakers will come up with and to experience the energy across Kigali in December,” says Tine Fisker Henriksen, Managing Director at BESTSELLER Foundation.
Focus on circular economy
The innovation lab has seven overall thematic tracks that tackle specific Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This time around, BESTSELLER Foundation is supporting the Circular Economy Track, an essential mechanism to mitigate the current environmental challenges. A handful of BESTSELLER experts in sustainability and circularity will join UNLEASH Rwanda to support talents with feedback, insights, and guidance.
"We're eager to see creative ideas that can make better use of resources, cut down on raw material use, and find new uses for waste. Drawing from our expertise in circular economy and lower impact practices, as well as our understanding of the business context, all BESTSELLER experts hope to provide a significant benchmark for promising ideas. Additionally, we can't wait to meet talented individuals from all over the world who are passionate about making a difference," says Camilla Skjønning Jørgensen, Materials and Innovation Manager at BESTSELLER.
In addition to attending with industry experts, over 20 handpicked BESTSELLER representatives and talents will join UNLEASH Rwanda.
- UNLEASH is a global talent initiative that brings together top talents from all over the world to work on real, scalable solutions to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Since 2017, UNLEASH has hosted Innovation Labs in Denmark, Singapore, China, Greenland and India.
- In the first week of December 2023, UNLEASH will host the innovation lab in Kigali, Rwanda, Africa’s leading start-up hub. It’s the first time UNLEASH embarks on the African continent.
- Young passionate changemakers will immerse themselves in a human-centered design thinking process to co-create solutions for the most pressing challenges that our planet is facing.
- BESTSELLER Foundation supports UNLEASH alongside other Danish and international foundations among others Tuborgfondet, Novo Nordisk Foundation, Hempel Foundation, and Mastercard Foundation.