BEING AN IBT IN BUYING
Are you an ambitious and proactive team player who is passionate about fashion? Are you motivated by starting up new collections, building strong relationships with suppliers, and negotiating the best prices and qualities? The International Business Trainee Programme in Buying is the perfect steppingstone for graduates seeking a career in fashion with a steep learning curve.
WHY THE IBT PROGRAMME?
BESTSELLER’s International Business Trainee (IBT) Programme offers ambitious graduates from all over the world the chance to explore the core business areas of an international fashion company and gain valuable working experience in one of nine specialist fields at our headquarters in Denmark and potentially at one of our global offices.
BEING AN IBT IN BUYING
An IBT career in Buying is the right match for you if you want a dynamic and challenging job in an international setup. Each of BESTSELLER’s brands have their own buying teams working either on a main or express collection focusing on specific product groups and suppliers. You will either work at one of our brands, or in our Global Supply Chain organisation with Responsible Sourcing. During the two years as an IBT, you will experience all aspects of the buying process.
This year, we are looking for IBT’s within two tracks:
- As an IBT within buying, you will become part of a team in one of our brands working with the product development process. You will work closely together with Design and Sales to create the best collections. Your tasks are among others to handle the day-to-day business when developing a collection and transforming a sketch from a design into an actual garment. This includes fine-tuning of the first sample, negotiate prices, qualities, and deliveries, before finally, placing the orders. You will provide support to our suppliers and BESTSELLER’s international buying offices.
- As an IBT within sourcing, you will work with BESTSELLER’s suppliers, ensuring that their factories operate in accordance with safety and international welfare standards. Depending on your interests and skills, you will work with claim requests, quality checks of warehouses, maintaining and securing data from warehouses, or you will take part in implementing responsible sourcing strategies based on risk and impact assessment and develop clear and measurable targets to achieve progress.
In all positions you will quickly build a broad network as you communicate with our international suppliers and collaborate with designers and buyers.
You have a natural flair for and understanding of the latest trends and tendencies and a strong interest in sustainable fashion. With your professional and flexible mindset, you enjoy taking on responsibility, collaborating, and building strong relations with both colleagues and suppliers. You are ambitious, enthusiastic, proactive, and result-oriented.
Your additional qualifications:
- Relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree within buying or product development, but experience can in some cases compensate for a lower educational level.
- For the sourcing positions a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree within Engineering or Social Science is preferred
- Fluent in English - both spoken and written
- International experience from studying or working abroad
- Working experience within buying/product development from the fashion industry is an advantage
- Strong product knowledge
- Analytic and numerate mindset
To give us a chance to learn more about you as a person you will be asked to record a personal video of max. 2 minutes duration as a part of your application. You should use this video to show us more about who you are and tell us about your international experience. Please note that you cannot record this video before-hand as the recording module is integrated into our application system.
If you advance through the initial interview process, you will, as the last step of our assessment, be invited to join our online TryOut from 22-23 March 2023. Participation in the TryOut is required to be considered for the International Business Trainee Programme.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
Check out our career website to learn more about the IBT Programme, the application process , and the terms of employment. Also, make sure to visit the trainees’ own blog where you can read about their experiences as an IBT at BESTSELLER. Also, make sure to follow BESTSELLER on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram to stay updated on news and insights.
Please send us your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than the 18th of January 2023. We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Eva Holm Mikkelsen on +4599423415.
Click here to apply!